Single Tooth Implant Placement — Burlington, VT
Save Your Smile with a Beautiful Dental Implant
Tooth loss can have serious and long-term effects on oral and overall health. Replacing a missing tooth with a stable dental implant can help to reduce these side effects of tooth loss. In cases where just one tooth has gone missing, a single tooth dental implant in Burlington can be used to rebuild the missing structure and help you regain normal function and lasting oral health. Keep reading to learn more about your options in single tooth replacement, including why a dental implant is preferred for eligible candidates.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
There are two methods of replacing a missing tooth: the fixed bridge and a single tooth implant.
- Fixed bridge: This non-implant-retained replacement option uses the two teeth surrounding a gap in the smile as anchors. A dental crown is placed on each and a prosthetic tooth (or “pontic”) fills in the space between. This option is not removable. It does not rebuild the missing root structure, but it will keep the surrounding teeth from drifting out of place while also renewing your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
- Single tooth implant: This option can be completed without altering the teeth that surround the gap in the smile. A tiny titanium implant post is inserted in the gums in the area where the missing tooth’s root structure was. Once here, the post is allowed to fuse together with the jaw bone in the process known as “osseointegration.” After the implant is secure several months later, its top is exposed once more and the prosthetic tooth is affixed.
The Benefits of an Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
A dental implant offers a number of advantages for patients who have lost a single tooth. Some of the most significant benefits of this option include:
- Dental implants promote the growth of bone tissue, which means the implant post fuses together with the jaw. This allows for the proper flow of blood and nutrients to the area, promoting better oral health and preventing the loss of further teeth.
- A stable dental implant supports a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Dental implants look more like the natural tooth structure than a fixed bridge. In fact, it may be difficult even for you to tell the difference between your dental implant and your natural teeth.
- A replacement tooth that is retained by a dental implant will sustain less wear and tear, meaning it will require fewer replacements. That means a dental implant will usually end up being the best financial investment as well.
Contact Complete Dental Care Today
Are you interested in learning more about your options in single tooth replacement? Don’t wait another day to get in touch with your dentist in Burlington at Complete Dental Care. We are pleased to offer high-quality dental implant services from the comfort of our state-of-the-art office! We invite you to and call us and book an appointment today.