CEREC - Burlington, MA
Same-Day Dental Crowns That Last
A dental crown is a thin, tooth-shaped covering that restores a weak or decayed tooth -- and now, getting one is faster and more effective than ever thanks to recent advances in dental technology. With CEREC, Dr. James P. Kostas uses CAD/CAM tools and an in-house milling machine to plan for, prepare, and place a beautiful porcelain crown in a single visit to our office. It’s a real improvement to the conventional method of placing a dental crown, and we are pleased to be able to offer this option at Complete Dental Care.
How CEREC Works
CEREC stands for chairside economic restoration of esthetic ceramics, and it is transforming restorative dentistry. It works using digital scans, special software that allows your dentist to digitally map the crown, and a milling machine we have right here in our office.
You may need a CEREC crown if you have a…
- Broken tooth
- Fractured tooth
- Severely decayed tooth
- Weak or worn tooth
- Cosmetically imperfect tooth in the front of the smile
To begin, your dentist will remove any decayed tissue and reshape your tooth to accommodate the crown. Local anesthesia will help you remain completely comfortable throughout the process and enamel is removed to make the base of the tooth thicker than the top. Then, digital scans will be taken of the tooth and sent to the CEREC software. Here, your dentist will map out a blueprint of your new crown and transfer the information to the milling machine. Here, the restoration will be crafted from a single block of dental porcelain in a matter of minutes.
Numerous Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
CEREC offers a number of benefits compared to conventional dental crowns. Some of the most significant advantages include…
- CEREC is completed in a single visit to the dentist, as opposed to two or more required with conventional methods. That saves you time as well as sick leave and/or vacation days.
- CEREC uses digital scans rather than bite-down impressions, which may be uncomfortable and cause some people to gag.
- There is no need to wear a temporary restoration when your crown is placed in a single visit. Temporary crowns may break, cause discomfort, or stick out against your surrounding tooth enamel.
- Digital dentistry is more accurate and leads to improved treatment planning in many cases.
- CEREC crowns are made from dental porcelain, a material that looks and feels just like your natural tooth enamel.
Is a CEREC Same-Day Crown Right for You?
Many people who need a dental crown can benefit from the ease and convenience offered by CEREC same-day technology. To find out for sure whether or not this option is right for you, you are invited to...
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you have an aching or damaged tooth that is in need of a beautiful restoration, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the dentist providing same-day dental crowns. Request an appointment at Complete Dental Care today!